Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Why Cake and not Pie?

I thought I would let you in on a secret... I HATE pie! Always have! My husband calls me un-american because I detest apple pie. What can I say? I can't eat cooked fruit. The only pie I will give the time of day to is Key Lime...and I am picky :) I do however LOVE cake..especially chocolate with rasberry sauce. So that is why cake and not pie. :)

So, today, here I sit. At home, alone. Raegan really wanted to visit the preschool at our church today. The director is a close friend of mine and has a soft spot for Raegan. So she graciously allowed Raegan to come to her class today. What am I supposed to be doing? I am sure it isn't sitting here typing on the computer. I have laundry, a cluttered home and a craft area that needs to be organized. Yet, here I sit and continue to type. Why is that? Why is it I always tend to chose the thing I shouldn't? I sometimes confess to people that I can be lazy. They all usually say, "You aren't lazy! You deserve to do things for you." Truthfully, I think sometimes I use that to my advantage. I feel I could be such a better mother and wife than I am. I could be such a better child to my heavenly father. Yet, again, here I sit. Why do I not chose to do the RIGHT thing? This question haunts me...

No comments:

Post a Comment